Monday, February 15, 2010

13 weeks to go

Sunday 21 February
8k run

Went out early this morning after a big day yesterday at my cousins wedding, late night and a bit of dehydration I didn't think it was wise to go out for a long 21k run so will move that til next weekend and use this as a recovery run. Feeling a bit tired actually, have a long drive back to Melbourne then back into another week!

Saturday 20 February
Rest

Friday 19 February
Weights & Spin

Had a great sleep after bikram last night, could have slept for a couple more hours but felt fine when I got into the gym. Managed to get in most of my weights before spin. The room was really quite hot and I was sweating heaps, did a good stretch afterwards and will do more tonight to be ready for Sunday's long run. Going home again this weekend (tomorrow) for my cousins wedding, can't wait to see the family again.

Thursday 18 February
Medium run 8.5k
Bikram

Medium long run this morning - 8.5k instead of 14k - very heavy legs! Will try get in another few k's tomorrow night if I feel ok - didn't end up doing that, need the rest.
Bikram after work was really good, I had plenty of time to relax and get into the right mindset beforehand. I was exhausted afterwards though and enjoyed a nice steak for dinner afterwards with Dad and Josh.

Wednesday 17 February
Ergo 20min & 10min
Speed session at TAN 10k

20min ergo this morning I manage about 100m more than last week = 3879m, I hopped off and went for a quick walk and stretch then came back for another 10m = 2078m. Finished with some abs and stretch, a nice relaxing morning.

Speed session tonight with the group.
Warmup 1.8k
Strides 5 x 100m
2 x 5min (90sec recovery)
2 x 4min (90sec recovery)
2 x 3min (60sec recovery)
2 x 2min (60sec recovery)
Cooldown 1.5k
TOTAL = 10k


Tuesday 16 February
Weights & Spin x 2

Weights then spin this morning, legs are fine after that and the weekend long run and I feel back to normal with no soreness at all - fantastic!


Monday 15 February
8k recovery run
Bikram


Didn't know how I'd pull up after yesterday's long run, so I rubbed the deep heat into the calves (the sorest part of the legs) and took off for a very steady run. I ran to a different park this morning, I came across it last week on one of my walks, it's a 400m athletics track with a 600m gravel track around the outside. I needed the soft surface today so ran there, did 8 laps and ran home which was 8k. Today I have the compression socks on to hopefully get rid of some of this fatigue in the legs, I'll do as much walking and stressing as I can around the office today then bikram tonight!
Ok Bikram was hard but (as usual) felt sooooo much better for it, really good after a long run - keep that in mind for future. I wore the HR Monitor again and this time only burnt 333 cals, which is lower than last week. I won't measure it anymore but I'll estimate no more than 400 cals for the class, at least I know now. It's more for the calming, stretching, focus that I do the class for, not for burning cals but it's interesting because some websites etc claim that the class burns more than 600! Well not for me anyway...it's not like I don't push myself either, I really do find it quite hard. It's really interesting to see how the body works.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Rell, Keep up the good work. We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010