Monday, February 1, 2010

15 weeks to go...

Sunday 7 February
Albert Park Lake 10k - DNS

Not happy with my first DNS (Did not start) but wasn't feeling up to it, I had a massive headache and upset stomach so stayed in bed and slept it off. By the time I got out of bed and had something to eat it was nearly 11am, after which I ended up feeling good for most of the day. Not sure what it was, am frustrated that I didn't do the race but I spose it's better than getting there and not being able to finish. Hmmm what's better a DNS or DNF(Did not finish)???
MAY have something to do with being dehydrated earlier in the week, haven't felt too good at all.

Saturday 6 February
Weights & 30min ergo

Mum and dad left for the airport so I decided to get straight into the weights and also 30min on the ergo. I really want to go for a run today, it's a lovely morning!!! BUT...I have a 10k race tomorrow and I know I should save myself til then. Today is going to be a good day at home doing the housework and reading! YAY I finally bought a few new books so I can get back into them. AND to relax....I want to beat my PB tomorrow at Albert Park.

Friday 5 February
I was out all day at a course today and was BUSY BUSY so didn't get the usual workout in, then I had mum and dad visit in the evening so will move weights to tomorrow instead.

Thursday 4 February
Walk 45min
Bikrim yoga

I decided to go for a walk this morning instead of 10k run, I know it's a bit slack but last night really took it out of me. I don't want my weekend long run to be ruined this week so I use today as a recovery day and get ready for the long run on weekend. I am not going so well in this heat...not sure why.
Going to bikrim again tonight, need to drink LOTS of water today so I get through it ok. It will make me feel better I'm sure.


Wednesday 3 February
ergo 20min
Speed session at TAN 8k

I got up and hopped on our new ergo (rowing machine) this morning! Josh gave me a little training session last night re:technique so this morning I thought I'd have a go. My glutes were quite sore after 20min but it is just great having that on our back deck to hop on whenever. Just a really easy way to get some cardio in - no excuses now!
Tonight's speed session at TAN again where it will be the first I've really tested the knee out with speed work since getting niggles the last week or two. Fingers crossed all will be ok. I'm hoping to get a massage tonight before Josh heads off to Sydney for work cos I know I won't get one for a few days then.
Ok...so I did 5 x 1k reps with 90seconds recovery inbetween, but gee I struggled in the heat. It was still 34 degrees at that time and it was tough.
Ended up doing 8km for the night, happy with that but need to drink more water so I can keep up with the heat.


Tuesday 2 February
Weights
Spin class x 2

Ran to the train station, then did weights before spin class in the morning. Getting stronger with the balance work, I think yoga is really helping!
Class after work tonight as well as lots of stretching.

Monday 1 February
8k relaxed run
Bikrim yoga

8km - 47.24 - 5.55min/km - Avg HR 157 - 561 cals

I was really dehydrated today possibly from the champagne Sat night :) It was my one day between 1/1/10 and 16/5/10 that I was allowing myself to have alcohol so I really enjoyed it! It was our engagement party afterall!! Had such a great night with so many of our friends and family there.

Anyway - the run was slow and relaxed but a bit warm so HR was up. Only very slight niggle in the hip so we are on the right track with the massage etc. Will get massage again tonight after yoga.

Bikrim was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010