Friday, December 18, 2009

Ready, set, go...we're organised!

Today I've finally finished the flyer for "Rell's Run 4 Ryan" with the help from a couple of my more technical minded friends and my sister for the photos :) Now it's out there and I'm committed to the training so I get there as fit as I can in May.

I'll use this blog to keep a record of my training as much as I can. The next two weeks will not be as structured as planned because we are on holidays for Christmas. Josh (my gorgeous fiance) and are flying out tomorrow to Alice Springs to stay with family, come back on Christmas Eve to have the day in Ballarat with Josh's parents, then on Boxing Day fly to Cairns for a week or rest and relaxation! Can't wait to have the time away from work and home, just to do something different.

Ok back to the running, the plan is to get my long runs in at home tomorrow morning and then on Christmas morning so that I take advantage of the cooler weather. When in Alice Springs and Cairns I'll try and get out in the mornings to beat the heat, and just play it by ear. As long as I keep active and get out there as much as possible it will be fine.

I'm looking forward to starting 2010 and working towards this goal, I know I'll get there...just have to be sensible with the training, eat well and recover well. Most importantly I'll enjoy the rest of the program to get me to the finish line on Sunday 16 May 2010.

I hope that you enjoy reading my progress along the way...don't expect it all to be great reports, I'm sure there will be a mix of good runs and not so good runs but I'm ready to get into this!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just stumbled upon your blog. My 6 month old son, Caleb, has blepharophimosis and had his first eye surgery this week. Hope your runs go well and that your nephew is able to have his surgery sooner rather than later. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine,

    Thanks for your comment - I hope Caleb's surgery went well and that recovery is going to plan. All the best!

    Cheers,
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010