Monday, December 21, 2009

Mon 21 December - 8km (48:38)

Relaxed run 8km, 48:38, avg min/k 6:07 avg HR 160 cal 563

5.45am Alice Springs time I set off, it was 22 degrees and I did an out an back. By the time I got back it was 27 degrees...one of the hottest runs I have done but I actually really enjoyed it. My heart rate was up right from the first k so I tried to concentrate on keeping that low instead of looking at my pace (which I was a bit disappointed to be over 6min k's for most of the time). Overall a steady run in a completely new area which was just great. The landscape is so different here in Alice with the hills and lots of rocks as well as the red dust! There is hardly any humidity at all, it's just HOT! I think I'll prefer this heat than the humid heat in Cairns next week but we'll see.

I will try to go earlier on Wednesday morning to make the most of the cooler temperatures, the sun rises before 5am here so it should be good. I felt really dehydrated along the run too so I might take some water with me next time...just annoying having to carry it that's all. I did make sure I was well hydrated overnight but after about 1k I reckon that was all gone.

The first few days of holidays are going well, very relaxing and getting around to see a bit of the scenery is nice too. Having a pool to cool down every afternoon is a bonus, I'll do some deep water running tomorrow which will be fun! It's great not having to be at work for two weeks and just deciding on the day what we are going to do, even if it is nothing at all it's great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010