Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day run (Melb) and other runs in Cairns....

Monday 28th Dec - relaxed 8k, 48:45, 6.05min/km, avg HR 163, cal 560
This morning I'm back on track with my program and hoping to keep in the routine now, I just have 3 runs to do in Cairns this week so I'll take them steady due to the difference in the heat. I think it's going to make me stronger though. This mrning I had to stop for a drink and to just have a break under the shade but I stopped the timer and picked up again when my HR went down a bit.

Sunday 27th Dec - relaxed 5k, 28:28, 5.46min/km, avg HR 169, cal 350
First morning in Cairns and wanted to make up the 5k that I hadn't run earlier in the week to get up to the total k's as listed in the program. I went running with Josh and I think it's the most I've ever sweated in my life! HR was high but I felt OK, took things slow and just did the 5k...humidity is sooooo hard to get used to.

Friday 25th Dec - long run 15k, 1:31:08, 6.05min/km, avg HR 157, cal 1058
I think this was the first time I've gone for a run on Christmas morning, I thought I'd get the long run out of the way in Melbourne before I get hit with the humidity of Cairns and I'm soooooo glad I did. A steady long run which set me up for a great christmas day with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010