Tuesday, January 5, 2010

19 weeks to go...

Sunday 9 Jan
15k including 10k race

3k warmup 18:10 6.01min/km avgHR 162bpm cals 210
10k race 54:28 5.29min/km avgHR 182bpm cals 702
2k cooldown 13.30 6.15min/km avgHR 156bpm cals157

The first race of the year - Princes Park 10k - and I was a little disappointed with the time. My fitness isn't close to where I was this time last year when I was doing 10k in 50min in training! This was a warm morning to race but a pretty good track and only one small incline section on each lap. Overall pleased that I did the race, at least I have something to beat in Feb. Next time I won't warm up for as long to try conserve some energy - maybe 1.5k instead. Afterwards I felt fine for the 2k and could have kept going, I am comfortable at the steady pace. I'm sure by keeping up the speed work during the week I should knock some time off this in February.

Friday 8 Jan
10k run 59:13 avg HR 160 avg 5.55min/km 698cal

More data to come - Nice and steady to start with, loops of the local park. Felt a bit sore from Wed speed session so made sure I stretched a fair bit when I got home. Finished off strong.

Thursday 7 Jan
Core program


Wednesday 6 Jan
Spin Class
First class back teaching today for the year, had a small group but worked them (and me) hard!
Tan group speed session
11km avg 55:19 HR 168bpm avg 5.27min/km best pace 3.58min/km 702cal

Program said total 9km including 2 x 5min, 2 x 4min, 2 x 3min & optional 2 x 2min.

Great session tonight...
Started with a 3k easy warm up on my own, then met the group and did 1.2k warmup with them, some strides and run through's then got into the session.
2 x 5min effort - 90 sec walking recovery (WR)
2 x 4min effort - 90 sec WR
2 x 3min effort - 60 sec WR
2 x 2min effort - 60 sec WR
Stretched then did 1k VERY easy jog back to pick up my bag and head home.
TOTAL 11k
I'll upload data tomorrow and include the distances although I pressed a few wrong buttons. I managed to keep all of the efforts under 5min pace so I'm very happy! Now to stretch and stretch and stretch......

Tuesday 5 Jan
Cycling 37km 1hr20min

Don't have the usual two spin classes today either (christmas break) so I thought I'd get on the road bike and go for an early ride instead. It was such a beautiful morning, no wind and about 10degrees. It made me really want to get back into the road cycling again!! All up 37km in 1hr20min. Will do core program tonight after work to get back into that again too.

Monday 4 Jan 2010:
Relaxed run 8k, 46.09min, avg 5.45min/km, avg HR 160, Cal 599

Overall an easy run to start the week but the legs felt quite heavy after the few days off...just shows that I really need to keep the consistency up.
No spin class today as they are not back into it yet.

Since my last blog entry I have been very slack and haven't run until yesterday (monday). The weather in Cairns (particularly the humidity) took it out of me, and I just kept to long walks and the pool. With 19 weeks to go and starting a new year I'm really focused on getting back into routine again and feeling good about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010