Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Injury....

Wednesday 27 Jan
Speed session TAN - DNF


So I was all ready to get back to the group training last night after my time off, I left work to run down to the Tan but was limping after about 100m. I stopped to walk a bit then went again and decided it was too risky to push it, so I hopped on the train and went home. Josh was home so I got him to check out the knee - which he thinks is similar to injury earlier in the year where my glutes/hips/piraformus are all really tight which causing stress on the ITB and then referral pain into the knee. He worked on it, strapped it, massaged and after a few goes I was able to jog without pain. I went for a walk around the block instead. I took anti inflam's and rubbed deep heat into the muscle in the hope that it would relax the muscles a bit for another test tomorrow morning.

Thursday 28 Jan
Run 5k
Bikrim yoga

After a great sleep last night I decided to head out and test the knee. I was able to do a slow 5km with a couple of breaks to walk and stretch the hip area. I'm not going to push it cos I don't want this to hang around for long. I'm going to go to bikrim tonight for a REALLY good stretch, then Josh will also massage tonight so hopefully won't be long before I'm back into the longer distance stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010