Wednesday, April 7, 2010

6 weeks to go...

Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 April
SICK!

I spent the day at home Saturday and after an hour walk in the morning I came home, did some jobs around the house, did lots of baking and then by 7pm I'd fallen asleep on the couch. I woke up around 10pm and went to bed, the alarm went off at 6am Sunday morning to get up for the Half Marathon in Geelong and I just couldn't do it. My throat was sore, muscles and joints all over my body were aching, and my head throbbing. SO...I went back to sleep and woke at 11am! So all up that's nearly 16hours sleep, wow that is so much for me! Ended up going to the footy and then comedy festival Sunday night, had a great day but still felt terrible and very sleepy. Disappointed that I couldn't run long again, but I'd rather get better quickly and recover now than take another week to get over it and struggle in the last 4 weeks of training.


Friday 9 April
Run 12k to work
Run 4.5k home from work

After a good stretch this morning I had a great run to work, stead 12k and loved it. Got to work in a bit over an hour, had more of a stretch and then felt good all day. Walked at lunch time (we do every day half hour) then ran home from work 4.5k. Am really happy with the k's today.
Very intense stretching tonight for about half hour with Josh, feels so much better. Need to keep this up.


Thursday 8 April
Run to work 4.5k
Bike home from work 4.5k

Feeling very flat and really stiff! Need to stretch.


Wednesday 7 April
Walk 3k
Stretch
Bike to work 4.5k
Run home from work 4.5k


I wanted to do a run this morning with some intervals but woke up very tired! I still went out but only managed to run about 1k before stopping for a walk. My legs felt sore still from the long run on Monday I think, so I decided I'd have a good walk instead and stretch then ride into work. So I did that and then ran home from work this evening, felt heaps better than this morning even though I had pains in my stomach by the time I got home. I'll get up earlier tomorrow and have a longer run into work and put a couple of hills in there too I think.

Tuesday 6 April
Situps W4D2 (38,45,38,38,62)
Pushups W4D2 (20,25,20,20,28)
Squats test 42
Squats W3D1 (19,24,19,19,42)


Rest day running wise after the long run yesterday, just stretching as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010