Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday 26 April - 30km

So today was my last LONG training run.  I had a bit of a sleep in as it is a public holiday here in Melbourne, then off I went at about 8.30am from home to Jells Park which is about 10km away.  I ran around a few trails there which was great then stopped for a gaterade at the kiosk there at 15km mark.  Came home a different way, along the Scotchmans Creek Trail instead of on the footpath of F-tree Gully Road, so that was a nice change.  There were plenty of hills and some really steep ones actually, taking the advice of Coach Brian I made sure I took it easy up the hills instead of pushing due to the hip niggles that I've had recently.
Anyway I'm extremely happy that I had NO PAIN in the hip area and after 30km I think that's a great effort.  My knees felt a little stiff but apart from that I felt good.
I have physio this Wednesday for some more dry needling, and tonight Josh is going to give my legs a good rub down so it's all go.
Only two more Sunday training runs before the big day.  18k and then 13k i think the program says, so I really start to taper off now.

2 comments:

  1. Rell
    I have been reading your Blogg for a while. I thought the hip may prevent you from running but that seems to be over. Congratulations on the last long run. And if I don't get a chance to post again good luck on the day. I will be in Melbourne Wednesday night to Saturday night and then off to Canberra late Saturday for the Canberra Marathon on Sunday.

    I will be back on 30 MAy to run the Williamstown Marathon or Sri Chimnoy event.

    As I said take it easy in the taper and feel all the nigles go away and the urge to run long and fast starts ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray - from someone who has run over 100 marathons I'll take your words of wisdom and try to take it easy over the next three weeks :)
    Cheers,
    Rell

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010