Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday 27 April - Big cross training day :)

I have decided to post daily blogs now as I'm sure I'll have more to say in the lead up to 16 May 2010.

Today:
Bike 4.5k to work (AM)
Spin class & abs (AM)
Pump class (PM)
Run 4.5k to home 


I woke with very tight calf's today, even though I wore the compression pants to bed :)  I hopped up and rode into the gym and then participated in Spin and gee did I flog it out this morning!  Because I didn't have any pain due to impact, I just really worked the CV system and it felt GOOD!  Afterwards I had a really good stretch and plenty of ab work with the medicine ball.
During work - sitting on my bum most of the day, I wore calf guards (compression) for about 3hours during the day I don't know if it helped much but I felt pretty good by the time pump came around after work.
So I ran over to the gym after work, told the instructor that I was going to take it easy on the leg tracks and started the class.  I worked the upper body with heavier weights than last time then did squats and lunges with no weight.  Even that was tough, so I stood most of them out and stretched instead.  AFTERWARDS I had a nice recovery run home 4.5k.
What a great day, and after a 30k run yesterday I'm really happy with that.  I know I know I do need to recover, but I have taken things easy on the legs and tomorrow will be a lighter day than today as well as physio in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010