Monday, March 1, 2010

11 weeks...

Friday 5 March
Weights & Spin

Mainly core work again today, same as tuesday. Also had a good stretch before the class. I don't really have that much to report on today except that I'm really going to miss the members who do my classes, they are a great bunch! I love that they keep coming back and keep working harder each time they come in. I really hope they keep at it after I leave.


Thursday 4 March
12k run

I ran from home to my new workplace - where I'll be starting in a few weeks - to see how far it would be and whether it will be ok to run to work etc. The good news is that it was only 4.5km, and then I found another track on the way home which was 4.3km and all on a bike track, no major roads and quite a few hills which will be good. I know my family will be happy to see I'm not running along or riding my bike along any major roads (I've had a few too many close calls for their liking). Sooo...really happy that work will be so close!
The actual run was 12k all up with quite a few little hills in there. Overall:
12.21km - 1.12.42 - avg 5.57min/km - avg HR 165bpm - 855cals


Wednesday 3 March
Speed 10k

This morning I did my own speed work at the local track. 500m, 1000m, 1500m, 1000m, 500m with 90 second recovery in between. Felt no pain in the knees at all just tired legs but getting better.
warm up 2k - 12.01min
strides 6 x 80m - 7.36min
500m - 2.23.80 - 4.51min/km (90 sec recovery)
1000m - 5.07.66 - 5.02min/km (90 sec recovery)
1500m - 8.17.70 - 5.23min/km (90 sec recovery)
1000m - 5.06.51 - 5.03min/km (90 sec recovery)
500m - 2.22.78 - 4.46min.km (90 sec recovery)
cool down 2.22k
TOTAL 10.54km - 1.04.08 - avg 6.05min/km - avg HR 163bpm - 719cals

Tuesday 2 March
Strength & spin (AM)
Spin (PM)

Worked mostly on core strength this morning using the fitball. I like the body weight work instead of actual free weights or machines because I fill I'm working on balance as well as strength. Two spin classes went really quickly! I also told them I'll be finishing up teaching the classes on Tuesday 16th March as I'll be not be working in the city anymore. It was nice to see that they will miss me, and I am disappointed I have to give them up but I won't be able to come into the city with my new job. In one way I'm going to enjoy being able to focus on the running more though, but just have to consciously keep up the cross training I think.

Monday 1 March 2010
Run 8k easy (AM)
Bikram yoga (AM)


After massage yesterday and a bit of stretching in the afternoon, an easy 8k at avg 6min/km was great because I had no pain at all.

Bikram gave me a great finish to the day, stretching, focus, meditating...fantastic! I feel great after that. For those who don't know what bikram is, have a look at the link below, which is where I do my classes. They are a fantastic group of people and I admire them for practising so much. A group of people finished a 30 day challenge today where they completed 30 classes in 30 days, I just think that is an amazing effort.

www.bikramyogafitzroy.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010