Monday, March 22, 2010

32k and very encouraging :)

32k long run

I moved my long run from Sunday to Monday this week. This morning I went into work with Josh where he dropped me off along the yarra to go for my run - I wanted different scenery to just the streets around Oakleigh. Anyway, I ran into the city which was 7.5k (including a toilet stop - NOTE I had 1 piece of bread and peanut butter half hour before, won't do that next time). This morning was PERFECT weather for a long run. A bit chilli with a bit of sun shining and not too much wind, just great!
Stopped a couple of times along the way, wore my fuel belt this time so had water and about 250ml of sports drink that I mixed up before I left home (Shotz).
At the 28k mark I called into a little shop and got some jelly beans. I shoved about 5 in my mouth then and was amazed at how my energy really did pick up! Overall for the last 4k or so I would have had up to ten probably. Felt good the whole way, no niggles in the muscles at all! So pleased. My knees just a little jarring and feet sore but I spose you can expect that after 32k...
Data:
32km - 3.24.08 - avg pace 6.22min/km - avg HR 155 - cals 2264
Garmin Connect -
data for 22nd March

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010