Monday, March 1, 2010

Injury prevention...full time job?

Ok so I've finally realised that injury prevention is taking up a lot of my thinking lately, and basically seems like a full time job. My program asked for an 18k long run yesterday but I ended up doing 8k. If I had pushed to do the 18k I imagine I'd be sitting here today in quite a lot of pain and this morning's recovery run would have been a lot more difficult than it was. Instead I did a relaxed 8k to keep the legs moving but without putting too much pressure on the sore knees and tight muscles. Josh had said that he'd give me a massage and really 'get into' the tight spots Sunday night which would hopefully release the muscles and get rid of the referral pain I've been feeling in the knees. And yes that's what he did...although very painful at the time, and after quite a bit of stretching last night, my run this morning was one where I had NO PAIN at all! I'm rapt!
Last week I didn't do any Bikram, and had a busy week with work as well as getting a new job and resigning from my current job so really it was a tough week. This week though will be different, I am heading back to bikram yoga tonight and hope to have a great stretch then and continue to lengthen these muscles and say goodbye to the pain!

This week's plan:

Mon - 8k & bikram
Tue - spin x 2 & weights
Wed - 10k speed
Thu - 12k & bikram
Fri - Spin & weights
Sat - REST
Sun - 28k long run

I'll be putting some decent hills in this week as well, need to get used to that for GOR!

11 weeks to go!! Booking accomodation today for the whole family (11 of us counting kids) so it is getting VERY REAL now.

Will report on the week as it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010