Monday, March 15, 2010

9 weeks to go...

Saturday 19 March
Ergo 30min
100 pushups challenge (14,16,12,12,22)
200 situps challenge (21,24,18,18,45)
200 Squats challenge (13,16,9,9,25)

As I had yesterday off instead of today I got up and did cross training instead of a run, wanting to rest up for tomorrow's 30-32k long run! Can't wait!
I'm having a quiet relaxing day at home getting lots of jobs done.

Thursday 18 March
Run (8k) speed work (AM)

100 push ups challenge (14.14.10.10.16) (PM)
200 sit ups challenge (21,21,15,15,36) (PM)

After a big dinner last night I felt pretty heavy in the legs when I woke this morning, but as soon as I got out the door I felt great! An easy 1.5k to local track to warm up then:
8 x 500m efforts (90 second recovery)
then a cool down of 1.5k home.

I was disappointed that my garmin lost battery in the first interval, my fault for not remembering to charge it, but I really felt strong this morning so would have loved the data! Bugger.
Busy couple of days planned finishing up at work so I've been so tired at nights. Will see how I feel this afternoon re: bikram. Will definitely do the pushups and situps and report back later on numbers.

Wednesday 17 March
Ergo 20min (AM)

Woke up drained this morning and thought I'd have a Cross Training day instead, so I did just a short workout on the ergo. Was going to do speed work tonight but will change to the morning tomorrow now. Love having options now. It's very warm today and I'm just exhausted, lots happening with finishing up current job and spin classes yesterday etc so wanted to take today lighter. Back into it tomorrow though.


Tuesday 16 March
Spin (AM)
100 Push ups challenge (11,15,9,9,16)
200 Sit ups challenge (17,22,14,14,30)
Spin (PM)

My last class this morning teaching spin, and what a lovely group! I'll miss them all very much...before this I did push ups and sit ups. My quads finally feel back to normal again after Sunday's run, cross training is great and I have to remember to keep that up when I start my new job. I know I will cos I'll be riding to work :)

Monday 15 March
8k run (AM)
Bikram yoga (PM)


This morning I didn't wear HR Monitor and just took it as I felt instead of looking at HR. Felt tight in the quads but other than that, really good. Bikram tonight will hopefully make the recovery after yesterday's run a lot easier.

5 comments:

  1. Rell, you are doing such a great job! It amazes me every time I read your blog that my baby sister is doing this!
    We are all so very proud of you and we all love being able to support you when you come home, bringing out lollies / water etc feels like such a small contribution and are happy to do it whenever we can!
    The video and photo's are great!
    The kids love getting on and looking at this blog - they think you are SOOO COOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    Love you so much,
    Kerri, Andy, Cody, Ryan & Jesse!
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh thank you!!! Love you all so much xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rell
    I've made my donation today.
    Thank you for being such an inspiration!
    We are all so proud of you.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very very much!!!! But I don't know who you are hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I do, thanks again matey :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010