Monday, March 22, 2010

8 weeks to go...

Friday 26 March
Cross training and Core

Situps W3D2 (30,38,23,23,52)
Squats W2D1 (19,19,13,13,32)
Pushups W3D2 (14,19,14,14,25)
Bike to work 4.3k
Bike from work 4.3k

I slept past the 5am alarm this morning so thought I'd stay inside and do my core work and use today as a cross training day instead of the medium-long run which was planned. Instead I'll go for 20k tomorrow and then a light recovery run Sunday to get the k's in. Feeling a bit lethargic so think today will do me good to not have to go out for a run.
By the way - I'm loving how relaxed (and confident) I am about this program this year. I'm not worrying if I miss a day because I will always replace it with something else and I am actually really listening to my body instead of just forcing it to do the k's on the plan. I'm feeling confident, I know I'll finish the run in less than 8 weeks time so I'm just doing everything I can to get there comfortably instead of putting too much pressure on the body - feels good.

Thursday 25 March
8k run (speed)
bike to work 4.3k
bike from work 4.3k

Data still to be updated from this morning, but I added some surges into today's run of about 3min on 1min off. Felt good to get the speed into it again instead of just steady pace. I might add some of them in more often.

Wednesday 24 March
Cross training and Core

AM -
Ergo 5min
Squats W1D3 (15,20,13,13,30)
Ergo 5min
Pushups test - 23
Pushups W3D1 (12,17,13,13,20)
Ergo 5min
Situps test - 41
Situps W3D1 (21,27,21,21,40)
Bike to work 4.3k

PM -
Bike from work 4.3k

So a good session to start the day, all at home. I am about to head off to ride to work now :) Great cross training day!


Tuesday 23 March
8.5k run - recovery

Although quite stiff from the long run, I wanted to back it up today with a steady run to get used to running on tired legs. Felt a bit sore for the first 1km but after that I just took it really easy with short strides and felt comfortable at the end, could have kept going but STICK TO THE PROGRAM RELL!!!
Non-running: I started my new job today and had a great day :)

Monday 22 March 2010
32k long run (AM)
Situps (24,25,21,21,47)
Squats (13,16,13,13,25)
Pushups (16,17,14,14,20)


See below post for details of my long run. I managed to get a lot of stretching in the afternoon and also did the core work as above - quite happy with my day! Recover - wore my compression pants for most of the day, put some ice on the knees and lower legs, then got a massage for the calf's in the evening (I'm spoilt I know)

3 comments:

  1. You've had a great week Rell. Great job!
    See you at Easter - xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks matey, I didn't do what I wanted to on the weekend though! Will make up for it over easter though - plan to run to Hamilton on Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay... We'll have to go home on sunday so that we can meet & greet you! hehe

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010