Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday - 6 days to go!

Bike to work 4.5k (AM)
Run from work 4.5k (PM)

I had a nice sleep in today, I'm making the most of any time that I do sleep well cos I know later in the week it might not be so easy!  Rode into work this morning, had a good hilly walk during lunch time then after work ran home.  My stomach was a little upset by the time I got home but I felt pretty light on the feet today which was nice.

Thoughts of today...I've been a little more excited today and just reflecting over the past few months of training.  I had a look through the bank account that we've set up for Ryan and it's just amazing the range of people who have donated!  I've been called an inspiration again today, and still I find it hard to think that I could be an inspiration to anyone.  There are so many others that I look up to who I admire greatly and although it is an honour to be an inspiration to others, I do feel very humble - is that the word?  I'm amazed at how genuinely interested people are in my progress and supportive of the training and fundraising we've been doing.  I also love how much faith everyone has in me in being able to finish on Sunday!  I'm still worried that I won't make the distance, but I don't think there are many people/family/friends that even think that I won't make it hehe.

The best thing out of this is that I think it's been great for our whole family to be involved in, it was the best feeling having the family interested in my training, bringing me drinks along the long training runs, Cody and Ryan joining in on the effort to raise money for "Rell's run" as well by doing a read-a-thon, and seeing Sherryn find an interest in running is just so great!  She's going to be doing the 6.5k race on Saturday at Apollo Bay as her first ever fun run and I can't wait to be there to cheer her over the line.

Mum and Dad are cutting short a holiday to be there on Sunday. Kerri, Andrew and my beautiful nephews of course are coming along for the whole weekend and have been doing anything they can to make the training and fundraising fun!  Josh has been my personal massage therapist which is wonderful, and will be there on Sunday to give me a post-run massage as well. I've even got Chris interested in buying a garmin forerunner 405...hehe that Sherryn can use for running, and Chris can use for his geocaching!!  Love it!!

Ok enough from me for today, overall I'm feeling pretty good but also a bit strange when I feel really good and want to get out there for a run but I need to hold back, drink lots of water, eat well and wait for Sunday to go for the long run.

One thing I haven't mentioned is that I'm really looking forward to meeting some more Coolrunner's on the weekend.  Will be great to see Bennie at the finish line (thanks for your support!) and to run along with some other first timers as well.  I hope we can keep each other occupied along the way and help each other through the unknown km's!  I have to get my jokes ready so I can get some laughs along the way :)

Hehe now I'm getting excited!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's only 6 days away! I'm starting to get excited... nervous... scared for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know I've said it a MILLION times but I'm gonna say it again (and again and again this week) I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!

    Love you Rell
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010