Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday 9 May - 12k

Yesterday was a quiet day at home before heading to Ballarat for Mothers Day activities with the family.  I drove down late last night so got to bed around midnight.  Had a great sleep and got out of bed today at 8.30am which is amazing for me!  I think it's cos I wasn't in my own bed and didn't have anything I really had to do except for my run of course.
I left the house a bit after 9 and ran to the lake, around the lake and back home again - all up 12km.  At first I felt a bit sluggish and a few pains in the knees but that went in no time and I was quite relaxed then for the entire run.  It made me realise that you can go through a bit of an uncomfortable stage but then in a few minutes things turn around so quickly and you can feel amazing.  So next week I'll remember that, just have to keep going because you don't know what is around the corner and even though it may hurt now I could get a new lease of life by just taking a few more steps hehe.

The day in Ballarat was great with Mother's Day lunch and a pretty funny afternoon with the nanna's on both sides, it was great!  I drove back to Melbourne then for a quiet night before getting back into it at work tomorrow.

Ok so I'm really amazed at how quickly this time has gone, I am now less than a week away from being a marathoner!!  Yes I'm nervous, but I just want it to be here too so that I can get to that finish line where my beautiful family will be waiting and cheering me on.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your run on Sunday felt good.
    Can't wait to see you run across the finish line on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you on Saturday!! YAY...your first fun run :) You'll do great I know it xxx

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010