Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday 13 May - 3 days to go!!

 WOOOO HOOOOOO I'm feeling a lot better than the last two days - still not 100% but no headache, not so much of a runny nose and now it's a cough instead...I'm going back to work today, not running or riding in though.  I'll take it easy today and IF I get a whole lot better I'll do a short run into work tomorrow and then ride home before we head to Apollo Bay tomorrow!! WOW it's come around so quickly.

Yesterday I was feeling horrible, all choked up with this cold and not confident at all then a number of things happened...
I received a delivery in the mail - 10 white polo tops with "Rell's Run 4 Ryan" on the front and back for my family who'll be standing at the finish line waiting for me on Sunday, that got me a bit excited.  Then I went for a drive to another coolrunner's house who lent me a copy of the DVD "Spirit of the Marathon" so I sat there and watched that for the afternoon.  Once more I felt motivated and ready to tackle the 45km!!  THEN I went into the physio last night for my last session of dry needling.  They were not bouncing around as much as usual which is a good sign, although felt a little sore afterwards so I know they are doing something.

With all that and waking up this morning feeling a lot better, I'm feeling good mentally that another couple of days rest to get over this cold fully and I'll be there on Sunday taking it all in and enjoying as much as I can.

Thanks Eagle for your comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay.... so glad you're starting to feel better!

    The polo's are great, can't wait to wear them on the weekend!

    Love you... not long now!!!!!!!!

    xoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved to be feeling a little better too...can't wait to see you :)

    ReplyDelete

GOR Marathon 2010

GOR Marathon 2010